- Are you a team player?
- Do you like having a set schedule?
- Do you want to control the amount you are paid?
If you said yes to all of these, then keep reading.
We are a private practice located in Charlevoix, MI., and are looking to hire an energetic Hygienist that enjoys what she does while working in a fun atmosphere with a great team. Our office is open Monday 8-5, Tuesday 8-4 and Thursday 8-4 with 1-2 Wednesday's a month when the schedule overflows.
We are truly a family-oriented practice. Whether you need a simple cleaning or full mouth rehabilitation performed under general anesthesia we can provide that service.
Our practice philosophy is to make our patients comfortable, to make them at ease, and to make your dental visits as fun and enjoyable as possible.
We have a long-term highly trained staff that is eager to get to know you and we do all of your dental work in-house with little or no referrals out to specialty care. We want to be the home for your family’s dental needs.
We are hiring a Registered Dental Hygienist ( 3 days a week) for our growing dental practice. You will assist the dentist in various procedures and operations of x-ray machines. To do well in this role you should have a current State hygiene license, up-to-date vaccinations, and previous experience as a dental hygienist.
Dental Hygienist Responsibilities:
- Using dental instruments to clean accretions, calcareous deposits, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums.
- Looking for indications of oral cancer by feeling lymph nodes under patient chins for signs of tenderness or swelling.
- Noting and reviewing patient medical history.
- Using probes to examine and locate periodontal recessed gums and other signs of gum disease.
- Recording dental decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentists.
- Maintaining dental equipment and x-ray machine.
- Feeling and visually examining gums for signs of disease, sores, and other dental health issues.
- Exposing and developing x-ray film.
- Sharpening and sterilizing dental instruments.
- Promoting preventative dental care to improve patient oral health care.
- Applying fluorides and other dental decay prevention agents.
- Working with dentists and dental assistants.
- Maintaining a dental hygiene program for patients.
Dental Hygienist Requirements:
- Associate degree from an accredited hygiene program.
- State hygiene license.
- Current CPR certificate.
- Current on Hepatitis B vaccination.
- Ability to administer local anesthetic agents.
- Able to use an x-ray machine.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfortable using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Knowledgeable about oral hygiene and dental health.
- Child and Adult Prophylaxis
- Fluoride Treatments
- X-Ray Certified
- Dentrix Ascend
We offer great benefits and compensation packages allowing you to control how much you make.
- Pay is an Hourly Rate plus a Monthly Incentive
- Uniforms paid for
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Discounted/Free Dental Benefits
- HIPPA, OSHA, and CPR training paid for
- CE compensation
If you think you would be a great fit, please email your resume, cover letter, references, and wage history.