Dental One Associates is currently hiring a part-time Dental Hygienist to work between our 2 dental offices located in Oxon Hill and Capitol Heights, Maryland 20743. We anticipate the work schedule to be Monday and Saturday in Capitol Heights and possibly Wednesday and Friday in Oxon Hill. The candidate we hire must have an active hygiene license for the state of Maryland. We have been working diligently to ensure all our patients and staff feel safe and protected while in our office. We have all the proper PPE for the staff and are CDC COVID-19 compliant.
Dental One Associates of Westminster is a highly successful affiliated practice of Dental Care Alliance (DCA), supported by Dr. Lorne Yasbin, our Maryland Dental Director.
The following dental hygiene duties are noted; however, other duties may be assigned:
- Clean calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums, using dental instruments.
- Record and review patient medical histories.
- Examine gums, using probes, to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease.
- Provide clinical services or health education to improve and maintain the oral health of patients or the general public.
- Feel and visually examine gums for sores and signs of disease.
- Expose and develop x-ray film.
- Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
- Maintain dental equipment and sharpen and sterilize dental instruments.
- Apply fluorides or other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Feel lymph nodes under patient's chin to detect swelling or tenderness that could indicate presence of oral cancer.
- Administer local anesthetic agents.
- Maintain patient recall system.
- Remove excess cement from coronal surfaces of teeth.
- Conduct dental health clinics for community groups to augment services of dentist.
- Remove sutures and dressings.
- Make impressions for study casts.
- 1-2 years of Hands on experience as a Hygienist, preferred
- Graduation from an accredited dental hygiene school. Current state license.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Additional benefits for full-time employees:
- Dental services
- Life insurance
Dental Care Alliance - Stronger Together