Agency Information: Coastal Community Health Services (CCHS) is a nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center (approved National Health Service Corp site for loan repayment) serving the low income and uninsured of Glynn County and surrounding communities. Located in coastal Brunswick Georgia, CCHS is a dynamic expanding organization with strong team based practice providing multiple opportunities to grow professionally. Currently provides a full range of outpatient primary, dental and preventive healthcare services. Open M-F. Competitive salary, Holidays, Medical insurance, Retirement and other benefits offered.
Develop and grow a new dental practice with the full support of a solid quality and mission driven organization. A full time position responsible for providing clinical dental services and preventive dental care in a community health center setting. The Staff Dentist supervises the dental assistants and dental hygienists of the community health center. Competitive Salary and benefits provided.
- Examines individuals requesting care, diagnoses their dental/oral conditions, prescribes and carries out, or directs others in carrying out, appropriate dental/oral treatment, or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines.
- Records patient-dentist transactions as they occur in the patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided. In addition the Staff Dentist shall complete referrals, data collections instruments and other records or paper works as shall be required from time to time by the corporation.
- Educates individuals in the nature of oral health related conditions and in the general promotion of oral health related disease prevention.
- Serves on the dental staff and other center committees as assigned.
- Prepares specific reports as requested by the community health center.
- Assists in the provision of continuing education, on-the-job training, and the orientation of community health center staff as requested.
- Designs, develops, and implements appropriate Dental Department policies, protocols and procedures; which are in compliance with the most current accepted professional standards.
- Assists in the provision of technical assistance and health education to the community as requested.
- Participates in short and long term program planning for the Dental Department and the agency, including development of goals andobjectives.
- Provides consultation to the Executive Director, Medical Director and the Board of Directors regarding dental and oral health issues.
- Travels when necessary to fulfill the corporation’s needs and attends meetings as necessary to represent the corporation and/or the Dental Department.
- Assists in the coordination and integration of the corporation’s dental programs and services with other corporate programs and services for the welfare of the corporation’s patients.
- Responsible for personal full compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of dentistry and the clinical provision of dental care as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
- Participates in recruitment/retention activities of the corporation as necessary.
- As directed, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.