State of the Art, Established, Busy, Fee for Service
Periodontal/Implant Surgical Practice is seeking a Full Time Surgical Dental Assistant. This position is available for an experienced, personable, energetic and motivated individual with outstanding patient service skills and a solid commitment to quality patient care
As a Surgical Dental Assistant you will prepare patients for oral examination, set up and breakdown surgical set ups, assist the periodontist in surgical procedures and assist the hygienist in providing patient care.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive patients and prepare them for necessary dental procedures;
• Prepare surgery for dental treatment with correct instruments/materials ready for use as directed by operator;
• Record findings in patient records legibly and accurately from the oral examination;
• Provide instruments and dispense materials as directed during oral examination or treatment;
• Provide pre- and post-operative care for patients;
• Clear the patient's mouth of saliva or dental materials used in the treatment by operating handheld suction or air and water-spraying equipment;
• Clean and sterilize instruments, clean and straighten the surgery area and implement standard decontamination procedures for infection control;
• Expose Digital X-rays and CT Scans
• Maintain and re-stock dental supplies
• Perform routine care and maintenance of dental equipment and instruments
• Dental Assistants must have a high school diploma or a GED equivalent with chair side training in dental assistant, including PA X-Ray Certification. Experience preferred. But we are willing to train qualified applicants.
• Ability to provide professional information and educational services to patients.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
The hours for this position are as follows:
Monday 9:30am – 7:30pm
Tuesday 8am – 6:30pm
Wednesday 7:30am – 12pm
Thursday 10:30am – 8pm
Friday 7:30am – 3:30pm
Salary is negotiable based upon experience and individual skill set.
An exceptional, full benefit package is available.
Job ID: 255523704