Job ID: 174091353
5 - 10 years
Maintains and improves patients' oral health by fabricating full temporary and final all-on-four prosthetic dental bridge, according to dentist prescriptions.
- Completes implantology procedures by fabricating prosthesis to fit implants the dentist places directly into the patient's jawbone.
- Replaces partial or total loss of natural teeth by constructing full temporary prosthetic with triad bar and final dental bridge prosthetic with manufactured titanium or chrome-cobalt bar.
- Constructs prosthetics by following the dentist's prescription; making models of the mouth and teeth from impressions of the patient's mouth taken by the dentist; building-up wax replicas of part or all of the mouth and teeth on the model; encasing the wax in a mould material and melting away the wax; replacing the wax with acrylic materials and make the replacement appliance; polishing and finishing the appliance prior to it being placed in the patient's mouth by the dentist.
- Utilizes and conserves supplies and equipment by completing wax modeling, ceramics, wire bending, polishing, sandblasting; maintaining supplies inventories; keeping equipment operating.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Updates dental laboratory technician job knowledge and skills by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances dental laboratory reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
Customer focus, Command of analog dental technology, Procedural skills, Documentation skills, Strong verbal communication, Attention to detail, Solid job knowledge, Team Player, Leader, Enthusiastic, Dental health surgical experience is preferred.