Our team is looking to add a new dental assistant to join us in providing exceptional customer care to our patients. If you are an organized, dependable, outgoing, friendly, and caring dental assistant please consider contacting us. The right candidate should have at least six months of dental assisting experience and possess an x-ray license. We will assist you while becoming familiar with our office procedures. There are no weekend hours and paid time off is available for this position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Interpersonal skills to ensure that patients feel comfortable and well-informed about their appointment
- Select and set up instruments, equipment and material needed
- Sterilize instruments according to regulations
- Assist the dentist through 4-handed dentistry
- Undertake lab tasks as instructed
- Monitor lab tracking system
- Knowledge of dental instruments, terminology, and sterilization methods
- Provide post-operative care instructions
- Schedule appointments
- Update and maintain patient’s dental records
- Keep the dental operatory clean and well-stocked
Skills should include:
- Good computer skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Attention to detail
- Well-organized and reliable
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
Education and Experience
- Current NJ Dental X-Ray license preferred.
- NJ Registered Dental Assistant license preferred.
- Current CPR certification.
- High school diploma; Dental assisting school graduate preferred.