The Dental Hygienist will use preventive, educational and therapeutic methods for controlling oral diseases to help individual patients and groups achieve and maintain oral health. S/he will work under the supervision of Kids Smiles Dentists, including the Clinical Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Educates and counsels children and adults on dental health, plaque control, oral hygiene and nutrition and the relationship between oral health and chronic disease;
- Removes deposits and stains from teeth by scaling and root planning;
- Assists in the preventive and control of dental caries and gum disease;
- Selects and uses appropriate fluoride treatments;
- Exposes and processes dental x-rays;
- Places sealants on patient's teeth for preventive care;
- Dental hygienists work under the supervision of a dentist
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduated from an accredited Dental Hygiene program (state licensure is mandatory).
- 1+ years experience as a Dental Hygienist.
- Ability to provide professional information and educational services to patients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to perform precise and detailed work.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $31.00 - $38.00 per hour
To ensure the safety of our employees, we are providing all of the proper PPE a d following all CDC, ADA, and DOL guidelines in PA.