1 - 3 years
JOB TITLE: Dentist
REPORTS TO: Dental Director
LOCATION: Rolling Hills Clinic (RHC)
740 Solano Street, Corning, CA 96021
2540 Sister Mary Columba Drive, Red Bluff, CA 96080
STATUS: Full-time, 80-100% FTE, Exempt
Native Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and Native Americans in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.
The Dentist will be under general supervision of the Dental Director and will provide dental services to Rolling hills Clinic patients as permitted by licensure from the State of California. The Dentist will also coordinate relative clinical administration procedures with the Lead RDAEFII. This position will be required travel between Rolling Hills Clinic sites to help fill staffing vacancies and/or shortages.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide high quality of dental services to Rolling Hills Clinic patients.
- Maintain current with new techniques relating to all aspects of the dental field and related areas.
- Coordinate and supervise staff functions and duties during patient care.
- Participate in the annual review and update of the Dental Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Participate in the development and proposal of new dental policy with Dental Director.
- Provide Lead RDAEFII well-informed of current activities and situations within the Dental Department.
- Read and accurately interpret dental radiographs in a manner that ensures member, and/or parent/guardian, comprehension and share findings with member.
- Supervise hygienist to perform dental prophylactic treatment and topical fluoride treatment.
- Provide complete dental examinations and treatment planning.
- Accurately diagnose and help ensure thorough treatment of dental illnesses,
- disease, and disorders
- Perform extractions, surgical procedures, endodontics, prosthetics, periodontics, and restorative services within the scope of experience.
- Refer members for specialized dental care as needed.
- Prepare patients for dental health services and instruct them in appropriate post-dental treatment, diet, medication, and oral hygiene.
- Answer patient questions and perform procedures considering patient comfort levels..
- Actively participate in meetings as assigned by department director.
- Maintain positive public relations with patients, guests and staff.
- Obtain and accurately record basic medical and dental histories and other relevant information for updating member registration information.
- Perform dental lab procedures as necessary.
- Employee Safety: Safely performs all duties; follows required protective protocols to ensure personal safety as well the safety of others.
- Must maintain compliance with ergonomic safety standards; be mindful of posture and regularly practice ergonomic stretches.
- Safety: Responsible for ensuring that all duties, responsibilities and operations are performed with the utmost regard for the safety and health of all personnel involved, including themselves.
- Safety: Take appropriate corrective actions to address matters pertaining to employee health and safety that have been brought to their attention.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Be able to see a minimum of 12 members per day, and complete accurate documentation of visit into the electronic dental record (EDR) system by the end of scheduled shift.
- Work as a dental team assisting other providers in completing their responsibilities as necessary, e.g., seeing members, processing refills, clearing member approval queue, and provider inbox.
- Manage members with behavioral problems or handicapping conditions.
- Ensure completion of medication refills for dental procedures before member is dismissed from visit.
- Maintain requirements of licensure, DEA certification and board certification if hired as board certified. Fulfill and maintain requirements for credentialing, privileging internally and externally with payers and regulatory bodies.
- Provide comprehensive, high quality dental services to members, regardless of age, sex, gender identification, income, national origin or language.
- Consider individuals’ cultural, psychological, social and environmental factors in creating treatment/care plans.
- Participate in trainings of other dental personnel as requested.
- Must have a Diploma from accredited School of Dentistry and valid license to practice dentistry as a dentist in California.
- Current DEA Controlled Substance registration.
- Two (2) years of experience in private practice or clinical practice.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid California driver’s license and proof of personal automobile insurance.
LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM
Rolling Hills Clinic is a National Health Service Corp (NHSC) approved site where primary care physicians who are eligible for loan repayment funding can fulfill their service obligation. Rolling Hills Clinic is an Indian Health Program site for Indian Health Services (IHS) Loan Repayment Program.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Please be advised a post job offer, pre-employment Drug Testing, Physical and TB test are required as a condition of employment. Additionally, you may be asked to get a Department of Justice Fingerprinting clearance as a contingency for an offer of employment. Criminal clearances are obtained to protect the welfare and safety of clients receiving services at Rolling Hills Clinic.
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assess own strengths and weaknesses; pursue training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; share expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to request for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focus on solving conflict, not blaming; maintain confidentiality; listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control; remain open to others’ ideas and try new things.
- Oral Communication – Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentations skills; participate in meetings.
- Written Communication – Write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; vary writing style to meet needs; present numerical data effectively; ability to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit; put success of team above own interests; ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; support everyone’s efforts to succeed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Position may require exertion up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in a health clinic setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Will work with blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employment with Rolling Hills Clinic is voluntarily entered into. All RHC personnel are employed on an at-will basis. At-will employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice at any time by the employee or by RHC. No manager, supervisor, or employee of the organization has any authority to enter into an agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make an agreement for employment other than at-will terms. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Rolling Hills Clinic and employee and is subject to change by the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians.
Job ID: 233819002