Job ID: 221302145
This position is responsible for providing care and maintenance for the general health of patients oral cavity and dentition. Diagnose and treat health problems affecting the mouth and teeth, provide counseling on oral hygiene, and keep detailed accurate patient files.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Examine teeth, gums and related tissues, using dental instruments, x-rays, and other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities.
2. Formulate plan of treatment for patients teeth and mouth tissue.
3. Advise and instruct patients regarding preventive dental care, the causes and treatment of dental problems, and oral health care services.
4. Administer anesthetics to limit the amount of pain experienced by patients during procedures.
5. Prescribe medications as necessary.
6. Carefully document diagnoses, treatment plans, consultations and medications.
7. Regular attendance is an essential function of the position.
Exposure to Elemental Factors
Travel is not a regular duty of this position, but may be required from time to time.
At DentaQuest and its entities, Sarrell Regional Dental Center, Community Care of Kentucky, Community Dental Center, Dental Health Services, Advantage Dental, GenTech and Dental Care Today, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for...
At DentaQuest and its entities, Sarrell Regional Dental Center, Community Care of Kentucky, Community Dental Center, Dental Health Services, Advantage Dental, GenTech and Dental Care Today, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system - from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.