Job ID: 216009589
1 - 3 years
Amazing opportunity for growth as a Dental Hygienist!
(Must live in or within reasonable commute to Salina, KS - Relocation bonus/stipend avail.)
A New Horizons Dental Practice Management supported office in Salina, Kansas is looking for a motivated, goal-orientated individual to help provide the most efficient dental care for our community as possible. We are a family-owned and operated management company that provides top-notch dentistry. We value our employees and surround them with a fun, educational and exciting culture. If you’re searching for a rewarding career as a Dental Hygienist, look no further!
Come join our exciting team, and start providing exceptional care with us today!
- Extremely competitive compensation (depending on experience)
- Relocation bonus/stipend available
- Free dental services for yourself and your dependents minus lab fees
- Health/Medical Insurance
- Vision care support
- Health - Medical
- Life insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan with company matching up to 4%
- 6 paid holidays off + additional paid time off
- Team-focused, uplifting and educational work culture
- Valid Dental Hygienist license in Kansas
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Dental Hygiene, Bachelor’s degree a plus
- CPR Certification (we can help with this if you do not have current)
Basic Job Duties:
- Clean dental unit for timely turnover and set up operatory for dental procedure.
- Provide deep scaling, gross abridgement cum curettage as well as root planning procedures.
- Manage dental recall system.
- Refer patients to the doctor for additional care when the need arises.
- Apply sealant and desensitizing materials.
- Make impressions for the fluoride carrier trays.
- Administer local cum topical anesthetic agents.
- Provide patient education for oral condition and appropriate to the veteran’s needs.
- Provide and prepare group and individual oral health care instructions to caregivers, inpatients as well as outpatients.
- Demonstrate proper infection control process in cleaning up and setting up operatory.
- Ensure that instruments are properly prepared and ready sterilization in accordance with SPD standards.
- Ensure that instruments are prepared in a way that it does not delay clinical care.
- Display proper infection control methods in exposing images.
- Modify care as appropriate for patient’s abilities and age (patient position and transfer).
- Provide understandable and accurate instructions to patients.
- Participate in patient identification requirements.