Job ID: 205845185
This position is responsible for reviewing and processing pre-authorizations and referrals for Advantage Dental Services within contractual requirements, attends community dental meetings at the direction of Vice President of Dental Services, provides clinical/practice guidance to the Clinic Safety Committee and assists with mentoring Advantage Clinic Dentists.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
This position performs the following key duties under the direction of the Vice President of Dental Services.
- Performs assigned duties in accordance within the scope of licensing, accreditation, and federal and state regulations, including assisting in the development and implementation of appropriate dental and clinical policies, protocols and procedures that are compliant with the most current accepted professional standards.
- Participates in Clinic Safety Committee meetings and provides clinical/practice guidance as needed related to safety and infection control.
- Reviews dental claims, pre-authorizations and related transactions for the organization and its affiliates.
- Provides internal consulting to the Vice President of Dental Services on dental and oral health issues.
- Provides mentorship to Advantage Clinic providers.
- Provides advice and performs tasks in connection with ongoing Oregon Health Plan requirements at the request of the Vice President of Dental Services.
- Attends Oral Health meetings including CAC Clinical Advisory Committees (CACs), CCO Coordinated Care Organizations (CCOs) and Oregon Health Authority (OHA)meetings .
- Assists Executive Leadership with developing clinical standard operating policies and procedures.
- Assists with niche provider and clinical staff training and certification.
Required Education and Experience:
- Current license to practice dentistry in good standing within the state of Oregon
- DDS or DMD degree required
- 10 years combined experience in the practice of dentistry and work with dental care organizations.
- 3-5 year of experience in public health, public policy or related fields.
- Proficient in both public speaking and written communication.
- Ability to build and maintain key relationships and strategic partnerships.
- Ability to use sound judgement, autonomy and independent thinking.
- Proficient in basic office operating systems and software.
Travel is a regular duty of this position and is required (50%-65%) of the time.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must maintain active professional liability coverage.
- Requires maintaining in good standing license to practice dentistry in Oregon
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities but serves in a mentor/advisory role with other providers.
This position operates in a combination of professional office and community environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position requires frequent use of a motor vehicle.
AAP/EEO Statement: Advantage Professional Management is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities. Individuals who may have
At DentaQuest and its entities, Sarrell Regional Dental Center, Community Care of Kentucky, Community Dental Center, Dental Health Services, Advantage Dental, GenTech and Dental Care Today, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for...
At DentaQuest and its entities, Sarrell Regional Dental Center, Community Care of Kentucky, Community Dental Center, Dental Health Services, Advantage Dental, GenTech and Dental Care Today, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system - from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.