Job ID: 205824325
Summary: The oral surgeon is responsible for diagnosing and treating conditions, defects, injuries and aesthetic aspects of the mouth, teeth, jaws and face.
1. Treat conditions, defects, injuries, and aesthetic aspects of the mouth, teeth, jaws, and face.
2. Examine patients to determine the nature of the condition affecting the patient, utilizing x-rays, dental instruments and other diagnostic procedures.
3. Perform removal of diseased and impacted teeth.
4. Place implants used to replace missing teeth.
5. Provide preventive dental services and education in oral and dental hygiene.
6. Prescribe medications as necessary.
7. Carefully document diagnoses, treatment plans, consultations and medications.
8. Adheres to safety protocols and processes including but not limited to ensuring protective equipment is utilized and OSHA/Bloodborne pathogen requirements are followed.
9. Regular attendance is an essential function of the position.
1. Commitment to quality patient care and enjoy educating patients on dental health.
2. Effective communication skills; demonstrates professional and courteous demeanor with patients.
Exposure to Elemental Factors
Required Education and Experience
1. DDS or DMD degree, licensed in state in which practicing or have the ability to obtain licensure upon graduation.
2. Completion of an oral surgery residency program.
3. Current Advance Life Support (ALS) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
At DentaQuest and its entities, Sarrell Regional Dental Center, Community Care of Kentucky, Community Dental Center, Dental Health Services, Advantage Dental, GenTech and Dental Care Today, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for...
At DentaQuest and its entities, Sarrell Regional Dental Center, Community Care of Kentucky, Community Dental Center, Dental Health Services, Advantage Dental, GenTech and Dental Care Today, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system - from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.