Job ID: 157218804
Straumann partners with passionate people who fit in with the agile dynamics of our size-for-success company. People at Straumann appreciate the opportunity to shape the future and create impact. Encouraging leadership and inspiring ideas from our people have guided us through our proud history of pioneering innovations.
The Technical Trainer is responsible for 1.) Attending a 3 month training program to prepare them to train our customers that have purchased a Straumann proprietary CADCAM system, training takes place in Andover, in the field and home study, 2.) Creating, delivering and teaching the curriculum for the company’s customer Digital and Lab continuing education programs, including delivering technical education programs to customers on the product line, and to collaborate with the Sr. Lab Trainers on development and design of curriculum. 3.) Providing field sales training and support to both lab territory managers, and customers, regarding Cares® products and workflows. The responsibilities will include specific product focus as determined by the Lab Division Management Team to ensure the timely and efficient support for strategic sales initiatives, i.e SRBB, Cares X-Stream etc. Excellent presentation, communications, writing, editing, human relations and interpersonal skills are required.
- Delivers educational programs and activities for customers in the Central Area and other areas of the North America as needed, to ensure they are properly trained on the full Straumann Digital Solutions and prosthetic portfolio
- Responsible for collaboration with the Sr. Technical Lab Trainers in the creation, implementation and/or delivery of a curriculum, in conjunction with education management and key opinion leaders
- Trains the Lab Territory Managers in their Area to be Knowledgeable Advisors
- Adhere to National and Area training schedule
- Responsible for collaboration with the Sr. Technical Lab Trainers in creation, implementation and communication of continuing education courses and aides relevant to training courses and other business needs
- Complies with and adheres to industry standards as mandated by various governing bodies
- Delivers webex programs to continue to develop customer skills with the product
- Supports ongoing sales efforts of division territory managers in regards to training and education for all existing and new laboratory products.
- Proactively evaluate and implement new education methodologies to ensure Straumann CARES Solutions continuing education programs and schedules meet the evolving needs of the business
- Works with the Sr. Technical Lab Trainers to ensure that training programs are developed that meet customer’s needs. Gathers feedback from customer technical support, marketing, and development on customer training needs and desires. Ensures education programs are developed that maximize customer satisfaction and company’s revenues.
- Works with the Product Management Team and Internal Sales Training Department on presentations and/or educational materials
- Provide supplemental lectures and hands-on courses to support customers’ needs in addition to defined course schedule as needed
- Co-travels with the Sales Team to determine customer education needs and provide customer technical training as needed
- Delivers 1:1 Customer Training as determined by supervisor
- Attends group quarterly Lab Trainer business reviews
- This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Currently lives in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle or San Francisco or be willing to relocate to start the job
- Minimum of 4 years of professional presentation experience
- Minimum of 10 years in a professional work environment
- Minimum 8 years experience in a dental laboratory with crown & bridge, dental implant & CADCAM experience preferred
- Proven project management skills
- CDT required or qualified for CDT
- Valid drivers license
- Excellent presentation skills
- Outstanding facilitation and training skills
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Strong management skills
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask
- Time management and organizational skills
- Capable of creative thinking and problem solving
- Course presentations require considerable standing and moving around presentation area.
- 50-60% travel required