Job ID: 156846730
Straumann partners with passionate people who fit in with the agile dynamics of our size-for-success company. People at Straumann appreciate the opportunity to shape the future and create impact. Encouraging leadership and inspiring ideas from our people have guided us through our proud history of pioneering innovations.
- Position Summary:
The Training Manager is a hands on management position responsible for managing the Technical Training team in North America including Canada. Creating, delivering and teaching the company’s Digital and Lab continuing education programs for both customers and internal sales training functions. This role is also responsible to help and for designing and developing Dental Lab curriculum, and evaluating current and new educational programs to ensure that the company’s strategic goals are being met. Excellent writing, editing, communications, presentation, teaching, human relations and interpersonal skills are required.
- Position based out of Andover Headquarters, MA
Major Responsibilities of the Position:
- Responsible for the creation, implementation and delivery of a Straumann Digital Solutions Courses, including:
- facilitator’s guides,
- teaching aides and tools
- Teaches all Digital Lab and prosthetic Lab courses as defined by Education Department
- Gathers feedback from customers, technical support, marketing, and sales to ensure training programs are developed that maximize customer satisfaction, customer needs and the company’s revenues.
- Works collaboratively within and across departments, to develop and deliver educational programs and activities in line with strategic goals, objectives, and policies.
- Adheres to and delivers on National Training Schedule
- Delivers educational programs and activities for customers in assigned geographic Area and other areas of the US and Canada as needed, including one to one visits with Labs and co-travel with Lab Territory Managers
- Ensures customers and Lab Territory Managers are properly trained on the full digital product line including the CS2 CADCAM scanner, guided surgery software, intra-oral scanning and third party digital platforms with whom the company has a partnership.
- Complies with and adheres to industry standards as mandated by various governing bodies
- Delivers monthly WebEx programs to continue to develop customer’s skills with the product
- Proactively identifies industry education needs and potential new course options
- Responsible for performance reviews of his direct reports
- Strong inter departmental collaboration with internal and external team
- Proactively evaluate and implement new education methodologies to ensure Straumann Digital Solutions continuing education programs and schedules meet the needs of the business
- Collaborates with Education Director to identify and develop external speaker pool
- Develops communication plan to keep all speakers up to date on product information
- Works with the Product Management Team and Internal Training Department to develop presentations and/or educational materials for use by Lab Territory Managers
- Provide supplemental lectures and hands-on courses to support customers’ needs in addition to defined course schedule as determined by Director of Education
- Co-travels with the Sales Team to determine customer education needs and provide customer technical training as needed
- Delivers 1:1 Customer Training as determined by Director of Education
- Review and communicate product sales analysis post course
- Conducts long-range analysis to determine cost and effectiveness of customer education programs
- Responsible for training Technical Trainers and Lab Territory Managers on all Straumann Digital Solutions products and the Straumann prosthetic portfolio
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years in a managerial role
- Minimum of 6 years of professional presentation/teaching experience
- Minimum of 8-10 years in a professional work environment
- Proven project management skills
- CDT required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- High level of professionalism
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong management skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong Social Media engagement
- Love for Technology and How It operates
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Outstanding facilitation and training skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask
- Time management and organizational skills
- Able to handle a changing and hectic workload
- Capable of creative thinking and problem solving
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Course presentations require considerable standing and moving around presentation area.
- 50-60% travel required.